Hi! I’m Jo Arellanes and this is my bio page. I could give you my credentials and all the normal things but I think in the end all that stuff (as nice as it may be) won’t really show you who I am. This is probably the first time you’ve ever seen or heard about me and that is great, becaus e you found me! So before we get to all the stuff about me why don’t you take a look at my portfolios. :)
So a little about me… I tend to ramble so here are some bullet points in no particular order:
- I’m a little bag of tricks who loves to capture moments with my little camera.
- I’m a gamer chick.
- I love reading comic books.
- A few of my favorite artist are Wassily Kandinsky, Bob Fosse, Erte, Alphonse Mucha, Amano, Alvin Ailey, and… well the list could go on and on.
- I know how to play the drums and taught myself the basics of piano.
- I love cars and know how to keep mine running. (Manual transmission all the way!)
- I go to the movies as often as I can – there is a certain thrill of seeing a film on the big screen.
- I love to travel – anywhere- and expose myself to new cultures.
- I’m always researching and learning about something. Everyday.
- I grew up in a little town in Arkansas (literally, there was only one stop light) and now I live in Atlanta with my boyfriend and our two cats.
- I have big dreams and immense goals.
- I have a nick name: Estrelinha, which translates to “Little Shooting Star Girl”
- I paint, draw, design and printmake in my spare time. I’m traditionally trained but fit into the modern digital world.
- There’s nothing in life that a good laugh or long walk won’t fix.
- I’m a theater geek.
- I’ve trained in multiple dance forms and martial arts.
- I’m a SCUBA diver. I was a little fish growing up.
- My family is one of the most important things in my life.
- My parents are two of my closest friends
- My first camera was a 124 Kodak Instamatic
- I have a couple pieces of paper from SCAD saying I have a couple BFAs and a couple minors.
- I love food: fruit, raw veggies, sushi, perfectly cooked steak, break, tall glass of ice cold whole milk.
- I hate spiders, roller coasters, bananas, and asparagus.
I believe photography catches moments –people, places, and things – captures them so they can be revisited. Photographs act as a gateway to our past or to the unknown places in life. I want to share memories and the unknown with people. I want to help preserve memories and the past through my photography.
I hope this helped you know a little bit about me. I also hope you liked what you found. I would love to be your photographer.
Drop me a line for a detailed rate sheet or other inquiries at Jo@LeahAndMark.com! Or fill out the contact form below. Thank you!
Jo Arellanes. Atlanta. Wedding. Portrait. Photographer. Artist. Fine Art. Murals. Painting. Prints. Family. Photography. Little Star Girl Studio.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]