Anyone ever had two families combine and they each have a different interpretation of what they want? Bride wants photojournalism. Mom wants traditional. Groom’s parents want a blend of both. You know what I mean? It’s always important to make sure that you get a clear understanding of what your bride wants, and keep in mind that she’s the ultimate decision-maker (most of the time).
Below is a wedding I second shot in Myrtle Beach at a country club. I think I had a hard time getting an idea of what everyone wanted, but the pictures turned out beautifully. I am satisfied for sure! It was a big family, and they all had different fun and interesting ideas for what they wanted. This is how the idea of writing the 7 Ways blog came about. Read on… and then enjoy the pictures from the wedding!
1. Make sure you, the photographer, ask well in advance who will be calling the shots.
2. Find out what type of style they want. Do they want creative? Traditional? Posey?
3. Get the wedding planner’s number, and tell him/her to inform the wedding party/family members of the timeline of the day at the rehearsal dinner. This can help avoid late starts and ensure that the bride is at ease before she walks down the aisle and not scrambling to put her lipstick on.
4. Gather everyone together pre-ceremony and tell them the plans for the pictures. Even saying something like, “Sarah (bride) and John (groom) expressed she wants some really creative shots, so lets get in there and make it happen for her!”
5. Stay positive. Positivity is contagious. Just remember that.
6. Know your family dynamics before you get to the wedding. That means, if Mom and Dad are divorced and Dad’s wife has two kids which are actually super close to the bride, then you better include them in a shot, but make sure it’s not with bio-Mom. Sticky, but worth it so that you’re not missing anything.
7. Make friends with Mom. The mother of the bride is an important figure in the wedding, and most of the time they’re paying for the pictures. So, just out of courtesy, ask mom if there are any shots she would really like for you to get.
Kristen. Bell. Found. Lovely. Weddings. LeahAndMark.com