Photography, for me, is very personal. I want to create photos that look more like memories than pictures… because what’s better than staring at a photo and remembering where you were and how you felt? I’m inspired by Gil Elvgren, Edgar Degas, and fashion designers like Edith Head and Vivienne Westwood.
I have two silly daughters and a wonderfully supportive husband, who happens to be more than a foot taller than I am. He looks like Buddy Holly and is worth the neck pain I get from smooching him. I love any excuse to throw a costume party, the 80s music I’m technically a bit too young for, and my kids’ 8pm bedtime hour, because it means marathons of “Dexter” and old movies with that tall guy I married.
- - alphabetize my DVD collection. (Um. Doesn’t everybody?)
- - will never be too old for the Muppets.
- - have a crush on Cary Grant.
- - feel most at home in New York City, though I was born & raised in Atlanta.
- - was a dancer for 11 years.
- - love punk rock covers of Broadway show tunes.
- - secretly listen to Christmas music year-round.
- - believe waffles and ice cream were made for each other.
- - love not camping.
I have been told I’m like a female version of Joe Pesci. Maybe I’m not supposed to, but I take this as a total compliment.
I’m ready for the adventure ahead of me. Here we go!