Best Destination Wedding Locations – First – this list is the MOST OFFICIAL of Official Lists EVER in regards to the Top 10 Best Destination Wedding Locations in the U.S. for this year of 2017.
2017 Best Destination Wedding Locations in the U.S.
So. Here are the best cities and/or locations for destinations weddings in the United States? Easy. We got this.
- Okay – I’m completely biased here. But really – Atlanta is a great destination wedding location! In fact – many, many, many of our past couples that have gotten married here in Atlanta – don’t actually live in Atlanta. Why? Because it’s a great central location – with an amazing airport that everyone can fly into very easily. Plus – the food is crazy good. The city is super, SUPER. And you have about a billion amazing wedding photographers within walking distance of any area of the city. Seriously. I should know – we compete with ALL OF THEM. And honestly – they really are ALL AMAZING.
- But more so – the night life here is great (not that I know) and the food amazing (have I said that already?) and well – the rates for everything here will save you a good bit over the wedding rates in places such as New York or Southern California (well, really ALL of California).
- Also – no matter what kind of wedding venue you want (farm, mansion, museum, industrial warehouse, etc.) – you can find that in or near Atlanta. Okay except a beach.
Sea Island, Georgia
- Hey! You wanted a beach wedding? SEA ISLAND, GEORGIA is your place.
- Because Sea Island is basically a private island and you can only stay there if you’re at one of the two resorts, OR you happen to own a house there. So you’ll be avoiding all of the crowds of people that are visiting the nearby public beaches… alright that totally sounds bougie and elitist – but come on – it’s YOUR wedding. You’re not inviting EVERYONE anyway.
- Oh yeah – and from the chamber of commerce – tourquoise waters and pristine beaches – it’s like the Carribean except, not. And you can do all the cool beach resort things.
Florida Keys, Florida
- It’s still technically winter and I’m still absolutely wishing I was at the beach. SO. Another beach destination.
- Because COME ON. It’s the FLORIDA KEYS. You KNOW it’s super cool down there. And your wedding will be super beautiful. And you don’t know anyone else that’s even had their wedding down there. You will literally be THE ONLY ONE you know who’s ever gotten married down in the Florida Keys.
- Seriously. Pick a medium to small town in the mountains in Colorado and done.
- So we picked Aspen. Because HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO COLORADO AND SEEN THOSE MOUNTAINS?
- It’s F*cken AMAZING.
- Now your wedding will automatically be F*cken Amazing just because of those mountains and all the mountain-y things
- People at the office will be bragging about how they got married at their Farm Barn and you can be like F*CK YOUR FARM. I got married at 8,000 feet. (or 13,000 if you get married at the top of a ski resort)
Las Vegas, Nevada
- You know why you pick Las Vegas for your wedding destination? Because all you do is tell people when to show up and you’re done.
- Literally – pick a hotel/venue, buy their package where THEY DO EVERYTHING – and then you’re done. People won’t even be bugging you about what they should be doing because it’s Vegas and they won’t really want to see you until your wedding day anyway. UNLIKE other resort destination weddings where you basically have to babysit the whole group to make sure they feel welcome or some other BS.
- And if anyone asks you where you got married you can just say Aspen, Colorado.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- I don’t know. I saw a photo and thought it would be a cool place.
- Maybe it’s too much like Aspen, Colorado.
- Ah forget it – just get married in Aspen.
- I grew up there. (Silver Strands military housing yeah!) And it’s winter right now. I miss the beach.
- For us liberals that grew up on the coast – we would never, ever, think about having a wedding in Wisconsin or Michigan
- But that’s too bad because it’s totally cool and beautiful there
- I know – Wisconsin and Michigan are two states and probably different from each other
- But are they really? I don’t know – I’ve pretty much lived along the coastal states my whole life (except that part in Arizona – but even then everyone just escapes to San Diego whenever they can.)
- So Wischigan. I’ve actually photographed 4 weddings there and one thing I can say is that THOSE PEOPLE ARE F*CKEN AWESOME. They love them their beer and I love them for loving their beer.
Best Destination Wedding Locations
- Pick an island
PNW (Pacific Northwest)
- If you like trees they have lots. Pick a state up there. Make some #LiveAuthentic #Kinfolk #GetOutside Instagram posts
- You can visit my cats that live with my sister in Portland, Oregon
- There are a lot of waterfalls apparently
- But no really – visit my cats in Portland.
2017 Top 10 Best Wedding Destination Locations in the U.S.
Need more help? Check out A Practical Wedding (I’m a content editor for them as well.)
Of course check out our tips on creating your wedding day schedule, here.
Seriously though – wasn’t that the best list of best destination wedding locations? I MEAN REALLY.