There are SO MANY Atlanta Wedding Photography Packages.
Math-wise it’s like 3 packages per photographer x 1 billion wedding photographers.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SORT THROUGH ALL THAT? It’s okay. You don’t have to. I’ll do it for you. No, just kidding – I’m not gonna do that. But I can tell you a whole lot of information about wedding photography packages. Because over the 45 years that I’ve been a wedding photographer* – I’ve tried every wedding package imaginable. Basically – it all breaks down to this:
- Fancy/Handmade/Artisanal package name
- Number of Hours
- Number of Photographers
- Engagement Session
- Album Included
- Prints Included
And that’s the rundown. Seriously. That’s it. More hours, more photographers, and an engagement session.
Atlanta Wedding Photography Packages
So. What do you want? Or rather – what do you need? I’ll tell you.
You need at least 8 hours of coverage – probably closer to 10 if you’re doing a full wedding day and you have a decent size wedding party. I know – you’re thinking EIGHT HOURS? OMG THAT’S SO LONG! But honestly – it’s not. Check out this sample timeline and watch how the day just flies by. WITH WEDDING THINGS.
SAMPLE WEDDING DAY TIMELINE (8 hours of coverage)
- 1:00 PM YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS ARRIVE & BEGIN MAKING AMAZING PHOTOS
- Your wedding photographers will photograph “details” such as the dress, shoes, jewelry, bouquet, and of course cover all of your preparation process such as getting your hair & makeup completed, and having a great and relaxing time with your bridesmaids as they get ready as well.
- 2:00 BRIDE GETS DRESSED
- Now is the time to finish getting ready. Don’t worry, your photographer doesn’t have to photograph EVERY part of putting on the dress. What we like to tell brides is “We’ll be right around the corner. Go ahead and put your dress on, but the moment you feel comfortable and covered enough – but not “finished” – let us know and we’ll come in and start photographing. What is comfortable is different for everyone, some people are VERY comfortable and others want to be more covered. We leave it up to the bride to decide.
- 3:00 GROOM MAKES FINAL PREPARATIONS
- It’s at this point that we’ll move over to the groom’s side of things. Since we generally don’t need or want photos of the groom and his groomsmen literally putting their pants on, we’ll arrive when they’re nearly finished getting dressed and just start photographing everything – quickly. Same as the bride’s side, we’ll capture all of the “details” and then also group photos of all of the groomsmen.
- 3:30 FIRST LOOK (and then bride & groom portraits)
- You won’t have to worry about planning this at all. We’ll find the location, set the groom up in position, and then bring the bride in to surprise him. We kick everyone out of the area so it’s a private moment between the two of you… and your photographers…
- 4:00 WEDDING PARTY PHOTOS
- After your first look and portrait session, we’ll bring in your wedding party to complete all of the wedding party photos with the two of you.
- 4:30 HIDE THE BRIDE & GROOM
- Of course – the groom doesn’t always stay hidden and often times will walk around greeting guests – but generally this is the time for the entire wedding party to relax, get a drink, or cool off/warm up if the weather’s being crazy. Your photographers will take this time to finish photographing the ceremony site and ceremony details. They may also sneak in and photograph the reception space if it’s ready as well.
- 5:00 CEREMONY
- This is where you get married!
- 5:30 FORMAL FAMILY PHOTOS & COCKTAIL HOUR BEGINS
- We RUN the family formal session like we’re on a crazy mission to get them finished in record time. We do this EVERY TIME too. Literally. I don’t care if you have 100 people or 10 people for the family photos – we will GET. THEM.DONE. and then you can still get to the last part of your cocktail hour. We want you to be able to spend as much time with your guests – this is about you and not us stealing you away just for our amazing photos (well, it’s not ONLY about that…)
- 6:00 PHOTOGRAPHERS PHOTOGRAPH RECEPTION SPACE (before guests enter!)
- 6:30 RECEPTION BEGINS!
- 6:45 GRAND ENTRANCE ANNOUNCEMENTS & First Dance
- 7:00 DINNER IS SERVED
- 7:30 SPEECHES & TOASTS
- 7:45 SPECIAL DANCES (Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, etc.)
- 8:00 OPEN DANCING
- 8:15 CAKE CUTTING
- 8:30 BOUQUET TOSS
- 9:00 PHOTOGRAPHERS CONCLUDE THEIR COVERAGE
SEE. And that was JUST 8 HOURS. All those wedding things happened! You won’t even remember anything – so thankfully you hired some amazing photographers to capture it all. Right? RIGHT.
Atlanta Wedding Photographers LeahAndMark & Co.
Now – some practical advice. I know some wedding photographers like to post ALL of their ‘options’ like it’s some kind of menu and you’re picking things ala carte. That’s them making YOU do all the work. F*ck that. Your photographer should have their uh, sh*t together and they should know what you need after you tell them your wedding ideas and plans. You know – like a Professional. Because THAT’S WHAT YOU WANT. A Professional Wedding Photographer.
Now send us a message! And LET’S DO THIS![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]