The real reason you hire a wedding planner/coordinator is so that your wedding doesn’t end up being some kind of sh*t show. I mean – having a wedding planner is no guarantee that it won’t still be a total mess (because you know – crazy family, crazy friends, crazy YOU) – but your sanity will probably remain intact.
Atlanta Wedding Planners
Your wedding is important. It should and can go off with relative ease. You can make that happen by having a wedding planner help you – or do everything for you. Cost and rates vary. But I can tell you that when you’re working with a great wedding planner – it is ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE MONEY.
So how do you find a great wedding planner? Well. Here’s a list of Atlanta Wedding Planners to check out:
And then when you meet a wedding planner – what do you ask them? How do you know if they’re any good? More importantly – how do you know if they’re the right wedding planner to work with you on your wedding? You just have to ask them a lot of questions. That’s all. Simple right? Of course you might not know what questions to ask. SO. Below is a list of questions you can ask any potential wedding planners. Their answers will vary and you should take notes. Write down their answers and maybe also how you feel about their answers or things you notice during your meeting with them. Do they seem like someone you want to work with? Do they seem like someone who can tell other people to F*ck off? (In the nicest way possible of course – and only with your best interests in mind.) You’ll want a wedding planner that isn’t wishy washy and that will stand her ground and basically be your champion.
You want a wedding planner that will be the ‘bad-guy’ so that you don’t have to be that person.
How to Find a Wedding Planner
And now – the questions.
- Are you available on our wedding date? (uh, duh.)
- How many other weddings will you be handling on the same weekend as our wedding?
- Wedding planning is crazy – why do you like it?
- Are you crazy?
- How long have you been a wedding planner/coordinator/designer (they seriously have all those different designations)
- How many weddings have you planned/coordinated?
- How many weddings to you plan per year?
- Have you ever worked with Mark of LeahAndMark & Co.?
- Is Mark of LeahAndMark & Co. really as funny as he thinks he is?
- Can we see any weddings/galleries you’ve planned/coordinated in the past?
- Are you a member of any professional wedding organizations?
- Do you have a business license? (I mean – you can go with someone who’s not legit, just know what that means…)
- Do you receive commissions from any vendors? (If they say ‘yes’ then you’re supposed to not go with them because it’s supposed to mean that the wedding planner will steer you toward certain businesses, regardless of what’s in your best interest.)
- What are your rates/fees and how does your billing structure work?
- Can you work with our wedding budget?
- What are the exact list of services/hours that we would be receiving?
- How many hours per week are you available to spend consulting with us on our wedding? (Because you KNOW that you’re crazy so you need to find out how crazy this wedding planner is too.)
- How often will you provide updates to your clients and how are they communicated? (will they contact you by phone, text, or email regularly?)
- How will you dress on the day of the event? (Alright look – I mean – it depends on who you’re hiring. If you’re hiring someone cheap – then yeah – you should probably ask this question. If you’re spending good money on a good planner – they’ll dress wedding appropriate. But trust me – I’ve seen some planners show up and never change out of their jeans and sneakers… yeahhhhh)
- Will YOU be there personally or will one of your staff be there on the day of the wedding in your place?
Atlanta Wedding Photographers LeahAndMark & Co.