JCT Kitchen Restaurant Wedding Venue
This is Lauren and Dean. Theirs was the third wedding of a three wedding weekend for us. For me really – because when I book three weddings for three days in a row – I also use a different 2nd shooter for each day. And I know – three weddings in three days is bonkers. I absolutely agree – and I absolutely don’t recommend it for anyone else. While I’m not out right bragging about being so badass that I can shoot three weddings in three days and other people can’t – I’m saying that I’ve done enough of these things that 3 x 3 is relatively, no problem.
A few things to think about as wedding photographer when you’re doing a 3 x 3:
- Your energy and not being dead halfway thru the 2nd day
- This is where Coffee and more Coffee is not the answer. Being properly hydrated (with water) IS the answer. More important than even food. Make sure you drink water and stay hydrated for energy.
- Your team’s energy (2nd/3rd shooters)
- Just because you can do 3 x 3 doesn’t mean that anyone else can. Plus – SOMEONE should be fully rested 😉
- Having enough clean clothes
- Look – most wedding photographers shoot 1 wedding 1 weekend. So they have 1 wedding uniform/outfit. Nevermind having 3. Sure you can throw them in the wash but timing can be tricky depending on the schedule of things. Get home at 12/1am and have to be at the next wedding the next morning…
- Effectively backing up all of your photos
- It’s tricky – you have to make sure you download all of your cards to a hard drive – and then BACK THOSE UP IMMEDIATELY. You do not want ANY question about whether or not you have backed up the files before you start writing over your cards. So you either have a million SD/CF cards or you double back up your files.
- Charging your gear batteries
- In the same way you have to stay hyper paranoid about backing up your photo files – you have to make sure that your camera/flash/gear batteries are charged full and ready at the START of each day. AND bring a charger with you just in case.
Atlanta Wedding Photographers LeahAndMark & Co.
But that’s the bulk of it. I mean – Except for you possibly being too tired to function – each wedding is still only ONE wedding. They just happen to be right after each other.
- Drink water and more water.
- Back up your photos and back them up again.
- Charge your gear batteries.
Done. Right? Oh yeah – it helps if you have a ‘work process’.
What’s the saying? Amateurs rely on inspiration – professionals get to work. I don’t and can’t rely on being ‘inspired’ every time I go to work. So I had to come up with a process that enables me to deliver a certain level of F*cken amazing in my sleep, without much effort. That removes the pressure to feel ‘inspired’ and frees me up to go make bags of NEW F*cken Amazing to deliver to my wedding couples.
Because they’re not all going to be one of my best days – that’s reserved for the couple getting married – I just have to make sure I always deliver the agreed upon Awesome.
Wedding Photography: LeahAndMark & Co.
Venue: JCT Kitchen & Bar
Wedding Planning: JoAnna Dee Weddings
JCT Kitchen. Atlanta. Wedding. Photographer. Venue. LeahAndMark & Co.