Let’s begin like usual – the wedding planning process, is often – flat out bonkers.
Try this short cut. Imagine it. Imagine your wedding taking place at each of these locations:
- National Park
- Historic Mansion/Home
- Hotel Ballroom
Cross off the ones that didn’t feel right at all. And if none of them felt right – that’s fine too. It’s okay. That’s why it’s just an exercise.
SO. Some questions right from the start – because this is a good starting checklist to at least identify things/venues you DON’T WANT – and maybe start painting a picture of the venue that you DO want or might want!
- Where do you want to get married?
- Do you want to get married where you live?
- Or what about where either of you grew up?
- OR – do you want a destination wedding?!
Maybe – maybe not.
- How many people will you need to invite?
- How many people do you want attending? (ha! Those are different numbers!)
- What is your budget goal?
- What are your ‘dream’ items for your venue? (Outside? Trees? Desert? Mountains? Rivers? BEACH?!)
- What is mandatory for your venue? (AIR CONDITIONING. Or Heating? WINDOWS! An outdoor space!?)
- What do you want for food options? Only use their caterers? Able to pick your own?
I know – you’re planning a wedding and now you have to answer not 20, not 30 – but 167 questions just to come up with a place to HAVE THE WEDDING.
Like I said – wedding planning – bonkers.
So how about a list of venues? A small one – because even though I haven’t been to all 8,049 wedding venues in Georgia – I’ve been to a few great ones. Check a few of these out.
Oh – and maybe remember me when you’re looking for a wedding photographer okay?
- Sugarboo Farms (See photos here! and here!)
- Summerour (See photos here!)
- The Homestead at Cloudland Station (Photos!)
- The Conservatory at Waterstone (Photos/Video)
- The Foundry at Puritan Mill (Photos)
- The Trolley Barn (Photos/Video)
- The Farm – Rome, Ga. (Photos)
- Ambient+ Studio (Photos)
- Cloverleaf Farm (Photos)
- Cator-Woolford Gardens (Photos)
- Roswell Mill (Photos)
- The Estate (Photos)
- Payne Corley House (Photos)
- The High Museum of Art (Photos)
- Park Tavern Garden (Photos)
AND… if you need more ideas – let’s talk. I can always help you out (and by always I mean… most of the time… and by most of the time I mean sometimes…)