This is the application page for the ONLINE Photography Internship – for the real-life-in-person internship application/experience – APPLY HERE.
If you don’t live ITP in the Atlanta area – you can still intern with me – through our online internship! I know – it’s amazing right? 2016 and the future is now. Online Photography Internship. WUT. Yup. Yeah. I KNOW.
OH – you’ll still be doing intern work for me – just different work than you would if you lived in Atlanta. Most of the same requirements as listed below – except you won’t get the chance to carry bags of heavy rocks. It’ll be a lot of webinars, live streaming the workshops, and you guys watching my screen while I do boring editing and watching anime in the corner of my screen.
Seriously though – if you’d like to work with me for the next two months – and learn a literal sh*t ton of photography information – let’s do this.
Application for the ONLINE Photography Internship down at the bottom – and again the In-Person Application is here.
A while back we operated one of the largest photography internships in the country for three-ish years. 10+ interns every three months for several years. Because we were crazy.
It kind of went like this:
Then we stopped. We sold almost everything we owned, left town for a year and traveled.
And now we’re back.
I’m back. I’ve been through a lot. I’ve learned a lot. I’m different now and yet the best I’ve ever been.
I’m full of sugar, and nice, and STFU.
And I’m looking for some great interns to work with this summer for two months – June and July. Eight weeks of Awesome. These people will do a lot of work for me – no lie or misunderstanding about that. But I’m going to provide a ridiculous amount of knowledge for them to take from my head – and I’ll show them things that no one else really does because other people are just normal.
I am not normal.
The last few years I averaged 43 weddings per year – and one of those years I shot more than 50. Not just my company. Me. Weddings I booked – not weddings for other shooters. I generally block off three-four months of the year to go travel and not photograph any weddings at all – and I still pack in 40+ weddings a year. I don’t have a photography degree, or art degree, or design degree – but photography is my thing.
I am not normal.
And people still hire me. This is my portfolio. Real weddings with real people – not a styled shoot in the bunch.
I’m not looking for normal photography interns. I’m looking for ones that start at ridiculous and go up from there.
This is what I’ll cover during the eight weeks:
- How to shoot with manual settings – faster
- Physicality of Shooting (it’s not your camera that can’t focus – it’s probably YOU)
- Workflow (from cards to computer to export)
- Lightroom editing
- Photoshop editing
- Off-camera flash
- Talking like a person who knows WTF they’re doing
- Website (how to not have a sucky website)
- Portfolio selection (picking photos that help book clients)
- Wedding Day Flow (how to manage the wedding day so you’re not awful)
- How to respond/handle client inquiries
- Client-Meeting role play/what to say so clients don’t run away from you
- How to get clients to sign the contract and not wait 3 months (we average 1 week)
- How and what photography to ‘practice’ – perfect practice makes perfect. Not just practice.
- Reception lighting
- How to be a great 2nd shooter (too many people are awful at this)
- Blogging (we have 1,098 posts published here – so we at least know how to… keep blogging)
- Getting ranked in Google (our site has bounced around from page 1-5 depending on the search term – and many of the past interns’ sites are the same – we show up – how about your site?)
- How to do things on social media so you’re not annoying AF, and so that a few people actually see what you post.
- How to work harder at this photography thing than you ever have before.
- How to be yourself and still get clients to hire you (unless you’re a creepy MF then uh, maybe go do something else and stay away from kids.)
What you will do as an intern:
- Blog every week in your intern blog (Required. Miss one week and you’re dropped.)
- Pinterest things for me (Required. Don’t meet the weekly quota and you’re dropped.)
- Post everything to your own social media accounts
- Instagram things
- Teach me snapchat
Host a workshop (cause you’re all not coming to my house)
- Watch me do boring editing things
Carry my bags full of rocks because I just wanted you to carry something heavy
- Laugh at all my jokes (it means you’re paying attention)
Take selfies with me Wear animal/monster masks Probably do bad karaoke with me
- Setup your own shoots as required
- Maybe work a wedding with me
Maybe drive me to a job because that makes me feel like a BOSS
- Be here to learn a few things – or everything
This photography internship last two months – June and July. – mostly weekends, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Mondays.
APPLICATION FORM – ONLINE Internship:
Deadline for the application is Friday May 27th at 12pm NOON.
(Tip: Write as much as you can.)
(Pro Tip: Write As Much As You Possibly Can.)
Atlanta. Photography. Internship. LeahAndMark & Co. Training. Education. School. Summer. 2016.