Uncategorized, Wedding

Friday by + Debra | Punk Love

21 Oct ’11
punkwedding_debraedgar_leahandmark_11

Mark recently put together styled wedding shoot, featuring blood as a theme.  He invited everybody to shoot, and I had the opportunity to work with the lovely Misha.  We opted to work a “punk” or offbeat theme for our shoot.  Misha had those kicking boots after all.

I’m punk at heart.  I grew up a rebel in the safest territory, thanks to a diligent mom, but have always moved to a different beat.  I like to do things my way, and that is the essence of being punk.
Dare to be different.

We shot at the Goat Farm, which is still one of my favorite spots in the City.  It has been the locale for many a music video, photo shoot, art show, short film, and brain storming session.  Every inch of the property is infused with energy and exuberance of past projects, every corner is begging to be photographed.  Despite my many excursions to the venue, I still find a new favorite spot, every single time I go there.

Misha and Steven were amazing models, who jumped into the shoot whole heartedly, and ran with any and all ideas we came up with.

It’s hard to believe it is almost the end of October.  Season Six is drawing to a close, Jonah is almost here, my own son is daring to sit up and reach with his legs for toys.  There’s something about the cooler weather that forces me to take stock of my life, my relationships, and the work done so far through out the year.  Maybe it has something to do with the end of harvest, the coming of the new year, and knowing that soon we will be hoping for a break from christmas carols.  Thankfully those are a ways away still, but we are all very very busy until then.

I am looking forward to an awesome weekend, kicking off with the Annual Atlanta Symphony Orchestra fundraiser tonight, a wedding tomorrow, and many wonderful people here, there, and in between.
Have a great weekend everybody!

Bride: Misha Vela
Groom: Steven Elliot
Hair Stylist: Audrey Socially.shirley@gmail.com
Makeup: Tiffany Goodson

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

• Reply Jo Arellanes 21 Oct ’11 at 1:22 pm

Holy crap – I completely missed the Firebird painting when we were there. Now I want to go back and hunt it down.

• Reply Samantha Simmons 21 Oct ’11 at 1:37 pm

Wow Debra, these look amazing. The bright colors are simply awesome, and I absolutely love the last two. I need to see the goat farm myself! :D

• Reply Samantha Simmons 21 Oct ’11 at 1:37 pm

• Reply Chris Liphart 21 Oct ’11 at 2:42 pm

Great shots! My desire to shoot at the Goat Farm is yet again sparked! I haven’t done a model shoot in forever, and with this weather, now’s the perfect time go out there… Hmm…

• Reply Mary Elmore 21 Oct ’11 at 2:43 pm

where is the goat farm anyway?

• Reply Chris Liphart 21 Oct ’11 at 2:47 pm

@[100000313429088:2048:Mary Elmore] Ha, well, it’s been about a year since I’ve been, but it’s just outside downtown Atlanta. Right here: http://g.co/maps/y3952

• Reply Chris Liphart 21 Oct ’11 at 2:47 pm

• Reply Mary Elmore 21 Oct ’11 at 2:53 pm

@[577073408:2048:Chris Liphart] Oh! This place! I thought it might be near my area since there have been a lot of promotions for events there painted on the Krog street tunnel. Great photos by the way! So much better than the traditional picture of the bride staring at herself in the mirror with cold dead eyes.

• Reply Chris Liphart 21 Oct ’11 at 5:27 pm

@[100000313429088:2048:Mary Elmore] Yeah, Deb’s an awesome photographer. I’ve had the honor of working with her a few times, once at the Goat Farm. :)