Peyton + Gabriel | Wedding Preview

10 May ’11

-Posted by Mark

This is Peyton & Gabriel. They flew me over to Wilmington, N.C. a few months ago for their engagement session and last weekend was their wedding. With only 10% chance of rain the week leading up to their wedding day – apparently mother nature saved it all up for their ceremony. Fortunately – that didn’t stop Peyton or Gabriel – and if the bride & groom aren’t waiting for the rain, neither am I.

So it rained. And we hung out. It rained harder. We stepped out into it. And shot.

I was totally unprepared gear-wise. Fortunately, my gear is as ridiculous as I am and like an extension of myself – it’s always up for the challenge. (Okay – I know, I know, that was probably a bit too far in the personification of my camera gear.)

Peyton told me that she was having a wedding at the beach, but not a beach wedding. With that in mind, I assembled my team – Alumni Intern Jenna, and Current Intern Tricia. We left Atlanta at 4am, arrived 7 hours later, grabbed a cup of coffee and started shooting.

The weekend was awesome. Peyton & Gabriel were even better than that.

DDR Break!

Peyton & Gabriel, Thank You.

-Posted by Mark

Atlanta. Wilmington. NC. Wedding. Beach. East. Coast. Kure. Beach.

[ad-engine ad_group=”CARE”]

You Might Also Like

• Reply Raven 10 May ’11 at 8:20 am

Fanfreakin’tastic. Major inspiration for the beach wedding I have in Oct. Major, major.

• Reply Elissa 11 May ’11 at 9:54 am

I think this couple brings out the best in you :) Their engagement session was gorgeous and this beach preview is rockin’. Like, that shot of their backs as they look out at the water? Print it large, frame it, place over the sofa, and bask in it, good.

• Reply Atlanta. Roswell. Wedding. Photographer. River. Landing. Fox. Theater. | 18 May ’11 at 7:53 am

[…] is that we have a wedding almost every weekend which means I’m bringing people. Last week was Wilmington, N.C., and this coming weekend is Columbia, S.C. – Traveling for weddings? We. Still. Love. […]

• Reply Shannon 30 May ’11 at 9:25 pm

Kust so much WOW factor with this wedding. Awesome couple-awesome location-awesome theme(40’s ish right?!?) last but not least awesom photographs. -so what if the weather wasnt so awesome!

• Reply Blood Wedding | Atlanta Wedding Photographers | 11 Oct ’11 at 8:46 am

[…] + Jamie] [Lauren + JD] [Emily + Ben] [Theresa + Chris] [Peyton + Gabriel] [Betsy + Nick] [Deborah + […]

• Reply Sarah Bolton 1 Apr ’12 at 9:03 pm

Oh my god. OH. My god. How am I just now seeing these photos? You two continue to inspire and amaze me with your art.

• Reply Jennifer Hill 21 Aug ’12 at 3:43 am

Stumbled upon your site. What a romantic, fun, and beautiful wedding and couple! Congrats and thank you for sharing! :)