You want to be a photographer. You’ve searched online and found all of the workshops and classes out there. But how do you go from learning photography (the art and skill) to being a photographer making a living DOING PHOTOGRAPHY?
I’m Mark Tioxon.
These days I’m 93% less arrogant, and 47% less obnoxious – but 1,000% better at helping others learn how to become photographers.
I had to fall down very hard to get here.
You don’t have to.
First and Most Important Tip: Don’t be a F*cken asshole like I have been.
We used to operate one of the largest wedding photography internships in the country. Every three months we took on 10 new interns, ran them ragged and taught them more than they ever realized they learned. Sometimes it stuck, sometimes it didn’t sink in until months later – and it was definitely a unique experience for everyone, every time. I don’t offer the internship anymore and I only rarely offer one-on-one photography business coaching – but buried in this ‘wedding photography‘ website is a library of photography-business information. Tips, Tricks, and Advice that I used to grow the business.
Last year I photographed 53 weddings. This year (2015) I have 42 on the books – and I won’t even work 6 months of the year.
So maybe, just maybe some of my advice works – and you might find some of it useful for yourself as well.
I used to work 12 months of the year photographing weddings. That was madness. So I changed everything and now I work half the year photographing weddings, and half the year… traveling and… not photographing anything for work.
- Advice: Do Not Give Up (from EverywhereAndThere.com)
- Lines, Shapes, & Compositions 06.01.10
- How to Be Unrealistic 03.21.11
- Make Better Photos
- 76 BEST WAYS TO SUPER CHARGE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY 01.05.14
- How to Be Different | Part viii 02.04.13
- The Sales Secret of Successful Photographer Websites (and your big mistake) 01.13.14
- What Your Business Can Learn from NBC’s coverage of the Winter Olympics 02.10.14
- 10 Photography Business Resolutions for 2012 01.02.12
- 4 Tips – Photography Business Marketing 12.27.11
- Suggest Reading – Book List 07.09.11
- On Photography Competition 01.12.14
- My Top 5 Photo Editing Tips 02.27.13
- The Truth About Marketing to Wedding Clients 02.25.13
- Why You Should Give Up 03.30.11
- Why You Should [Not] Give Up 04.04.11
- 9 Ruthless Lessons from House of Cards for your Photography Business 02.18.14
- On Business | Part One 10.27.11
- Dead Body Exercises 09.15.11
- Photographing Stories (Comic Book Composition) 07.16.12
- What I’ve Learned 02.23.11
Ask us a Question.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Atlanta. Photographer. School. Photography. Classes. Workshops. Coaching. Training.